Dance with Me
A parent/child class for ages 18 months – 3 years old
Cost: $40/mo 30 minute class
What to wear: Please have the children dress in comfortable clothing. Play clothes, dance wear, sweats are all fine.
Shoes: Slippers or slipper socks with gripper bottoms, bare feet or ballet shoes are ok too.
What to wear: Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in.
Shoes: Socks, Dance shoes or clean white-soled sneakers are best. Bare feet are ok too. No hard soles or high heels.
Parent participation is the key to making this class a success! I hope that you will feel comfortable enough to kick up your heels, dance and have a good time along with your child. Your enthusiasm and involvement will naturally make your child feel more comfortable and allow them to fully enjoy the class along with you.
Shadow your child, don’t be afraid to hold them or guide them through the steps and movements in class – keep them involved. The goal of this class is to have the kids explore and enjoy dance. In addition this class will prepare them for a KKI class; the next step in our dance program.
- Circle time – 5-10 minutes
- Hello, finger play, circle time songs
- Song and dance – 5-10 minutes
- Props and manipulatives – 10 minutes
- ribbons, balloons, sticks, musical inst., shakers, scarves, bells, bean bags, hats
- Large Motor – 5-10 minutes
- Hula hoops, mats, bowling, balls, parachute, crawling tube