Recital Information 2018
The Dance Affair 2018 Dress Rehearsal and Performance
“A Calendar Event”
Show Date: Sunday, June 24, 2018
Place: San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
Almaden & San Carlos, San Jose
Full Dress Rehearsal: Check-in for all dancers: 8:15-8:45am – Only dancers with More than one dance check in in the morning – all others go to the audience and sit down.
All dancers and parents must be in the audience by 8:45am to practice the FINALE
After finale practice we will run the rehearsal starting with dance # 1
Complete Dress rehearsal will run until approximately 1:30 or 2:00pm.
You only have to stay for your class dances.
Full costume, hair, make-up, tights and shoes.
ALL Parents are in charge of their own child during rehearsal – do not drop off your child thinking
that class parents will be with them all day.
Show Time: 3:30 PM curtain
And arrival Times: Class Parents arrive by 2:15pm
*Dancers in the first half of the show check in 2:15- 2:30pm
*Dancers only in the second half of the show check in 3- 3:15pm
In the afternoon – All dancers must report to the backstage check in before the show starts at 2:15 – 3:15 – Backstage check-in closes at 3:15pm
No dancers will be allowed to check in or out after 3:15pm- all dancers remain backstage during the entire show.
There are two parts to the day – the dress rehearsal and the show. Here you will find an explanation for both.
Full Dress Rehearsal Information Sunday Morning June 24th:
3:30 AFTERNOON PERFORMANCE Information
2:15 -3:15 AFTERNOON Backstage Check-In In the afternoon, ALL dancers, class parents and backstage help MUST check in at upstairs ramp entrance, see designated time above* (follow the signs). There will be a list at the check in table of approved backstage helpers, class parents and dancers. Only those on the list will be allowed backstage after 2pm, all other family members must purchase a ticket and sit in the audience to see the show.
NO ONE will be allowed backstage unless you are on the list!! Please understand we do this for the safety all!
YOU only have one dance- *All dancers that are in only one number must check in completely dressed in their costume & dance shoes and have their make up already on. If you want to send your dancer in with a cover-up over their costume please make sure it is a open front, easy over the head or button down and is clearly labeled with their name. When they check in they will NOT be allowed to carry in any extra baggage. Class Parents’ will be equipped with bobbie pins, safety pins, and make up for touch up jobs and emergencies.
*All dancers in more than one number have been assigned to a dressing room and must arrive with all costumes, dance shoes and accessories necessary for recital, ie. Bobbie pins, safety pins, scissors, sewing kit, make-up, make-up remover, hair spray, hair gel, hair bands, hair brush, hair dryer, curling iron, etc.
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: You may video record and photograph all you want at the morning rehearsal. You will NOT be allowed to bring photo or video equipment into the theater at the actual performance. Please notify relatives and friends that cameras will be collected at the door. The show will be professionally taped and you can purchase copies by obtaining an order form in The Dance Affair office or the afternoon of the show at the theater. If you wish to purchase a DVD you may do so by filling out an order form and mailing it directly to them. Or order online at www.playbackmemories.com
- FOOD: If you will be at the theater all day bring a bag lunch and/or dinner. Eat outside NOT backstage or in the theater. If you bring food or drinks be careful of costumes and those around you. Do NOT eat in your costume! Bring a cover up so you will not spill on yourself. We will not break for lunch. NO FOOD ALLOWED IN THE THEATER
- Remind all Dancers to be lined up in the hallway near stage right or left entrance- 4 numbers before they go on. DON’T BE LATE!! – We will go on stage without you.
- Class parents and backstage helpers will remain backstage for the entire afternoon performance. The NO BACK AND FORTH TO THE AUDIENCE!!! Please watch the show as much as you want during the dress rehearsal.
- DURING THE AFTERNOON SHOW: NO students or PARENTS will be allowed to go back and forth from the backstage area to the audience or leave the premises during the show. Performers may watch the show on T.V. monitors we have set up backstage. Again this is for safety reasons.
- PICK-UP after the show: most students will return to their designated assigned areas for parent pick up. All KKI, KKII and Pre ballet students will be picked up on stage after the show group by group. Tell your child you will meet them in their assigned room. Have a plan to avoid getting mixed up and lost.
- The following rules apply at dress rehearsal and afternoon performance:
- Girls – NO UNDERWEAR!!! YOUR TIGHTS ARE YOUR UNDERWEAR!
- NO JEWELRY (INCLUDING FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS, HAIR BOBBLES & EARRINGS)
- NO NAIL POLISH on hands or toes
- NO RUB ON TATTOOS – take them OFF
- TIGHTS –should be the specified brand (stretch and hold) – no holes or runs – bring an extra pair (4 sale in office)
- MAKE – UP MUST BE WORN FOR REHEARSAL AND RECITAL.
Basic stage make-up: Base coat slightly darker than skin tone, blush, true red lipstick, mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow brown/white (color sometimes left to teacher discretion)
- HEADPIECES-must be secured with elastic and bobbie pins – there is no excuse for head pieces falling off.
- DANCE SHOES: ballet shoes must have pink elastic straps. The bows/strings must be tucked in.
All patent leather bow tap shoes must be secured with elastic.
There is no excuse for shoes falling off on stage!
- COSTUMES: MUST BE NEAT AND CLEAN. Do not drink or eat in your costume
- HAIR: all teachers have notified students in regards to specific hair styles. Wear hair accordingly and make sure it is secure – use lots of gel, spray and bobbie pins.
ARRIVE ON TIME – WE WILL GO ON STAGE WITHOUT YOU
ALLOW TIME FOR PARKING AND CHANGING
THERE IS FREE PARKING on Sundays Downtown before 6pm
Parents – Please speak to your children about the importance of staying with their group or assigned person and in their assigned area during the show. If they need to go to the restroom or need make-up and hair – make sure that they let someone in their group or room know where they are. This will help us to all keep track of each other and to hopefully prevent anyone from getting lost!
Please remind your dancer that you will meet them in their assigned dressing room
at the end of show so they don’t get lost in the crowd!